Check out the evolution:
Beginning stages of move and library organization:
Library book sorting continued:
Bins on shelves:
A classroom emerges! (ignore all the boxes by windows…I do!
- Today I finished sorting all of the books.
- Put the books into bins – blue bins are fiction, white bins are non-fiction.
- Put labels on each bin. These are the practice labels…I stuck multiple labels on when my bins overlapped the other labels (for example I combined Franklin and Mercer Mayer)
- Placed bins on shelves, I wasn’t sure they would fit! They did only just! (Once my final labels I will place the bins more strategically.)
- Made a list of all of the bin labels to make sure I don’t forget any as I finish up my blog labels.
- Finish creating my labels.
- Laminate them.
- Place on bins using rings.
- Create individual book labels – perhaps using an Avery label…
- Strategically place bins on shelves.
Mandy’s website with classroom library tips: http://www.tips-for-teachers.com/classroom_library1.htm
Also, my blog has hit 100+ followers. I would like to have a giveaway soon to celebrate my wonderful followers. I’m semi-new to giveaways, and not sure how so many blogs host giveaways with so many participating teachers…any tips? I feel pretty clueless and not-in-the-know. How do all these bloggers know what's going on all the time, and find ways to participate in everything?!? HELP!
Thanks to all my followers old and new for your support!