Thursday, May 3, 2012

Landform Dinosaur - Pinterest strikes again!

First, Open House was great!  I had 16 of 20 families come!  I love seeing how excited the kids are to show off all their work!  They were so proud of themselves, and rightfully so!
Second, a few months ago I found a great landform dinosaur on Pinterest.  Have you seen it?  The original comes from Ms. Jennifer’s Second Grade Class.  I thought the idea was brilliant.  My kiddos love anything visual.
ORIGNAL INSPIRATION
We did this little landform review in time to hang up the cute dinos for open house.  The kids had a good time, and they looked great.  Check it out:





Cute, right?  The only problem, is Ms. Jennifer didn’t share a file to download so we wouldn’t have to make our own dinosaur.  I do not like drawing in general, and it took me MANY tries before my dinosaur was presentable.  I’ve since made a freebie for you so you don’t have to draw your own dinosaur.  I’ve also made a checklist for students to refer to so they know exactly what landforms to look for on the dinosaur sheet. This is in English or Spanish for all the dual and bilingual classrooms out there.


PLEASE NOTE, I am not trying to take any credit for this great idea, it’s all Ms. Jennifer’s!  She’s the creative one who deserves all the credit.  I just wanted to help you out so you don’t have to waste time drawing the dinosaur, since I’ve already made one. 


You can download the freebie at my TPT store by clicking the image below.  Make sure to give Ms. Jennifer a shout out if you use this so she knows how great her idea really was!


Landform Dinosaur Preview
Cheers!
Mrs. Castro Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Im sharing this on my FB page! I just love it:)
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/123-Teach-With-Me
      1...2...3...Teach With Me

      Delete
    2. Thanks Tammy! Pinterest is amazing!

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea!!!! My kids will love it. And we just did dinos so it's like a match made in heaven. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found your blog today! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea and just started following your blog!

    Come visit me at

    totallyterrificteachingtools.blogspot.com

    Lohren Nolan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to share my Dino Land Forms with you and glad lots of classrooms can benefit from it. You did a great job expanding on it!!!!
    ..........Great Job Mrs. Castro's Class!!! I LOVE your land forms. My class enjoyed looking at your classroom blog and seeing all the things you've done this year. Keep up the good work!!!!!
    Ms. Jennifer Bean
    www.msjennifers2ndgradeclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! This was a great intro for my homeschooledboys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Awesome!! I'm sure my 1st graders will learn the landforms in a short time using this strategy.

    ReplyDelete