Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back to School – Start the year right!

Heads up – this post is about my store, not my classroom. So read on if you are in need of some back to school activities – in English or Spanish.
sale for blog1

***All Back To School Items discounted and on 20% off until Tuesday, August 7 at midnight!***


Have you ever started a simple straight-forward project that slowly evolved into something so much bigger than you planned?!  That’s what my back to school project turned out to be – a behemoth with a mind of its own. 


I’m so happy it’s finally done and I can share what I’ve been up to.  I know there are lots of back to school activity packs out there for you to buy.  But I wanted to create something a little different.  How is this different you might ask…


1.  I designed it with my bilingual/dual teacher friends in mind.  I wanted to create something they wouldn’t have to spend any time translating...Later I decided to make everything in English too, for my monolingual teacher friends who still want to spice up their beginning of the year!


2.  These activities will “spice things up” by using “new” non-traditional back to school read alouds, AND traditional read alouds.  These include two AMAZING multi-cultural reads!


3.  This packet isn’t about keeping the kids occupied those first days of school.  Each activity works towards the creation of something bigger – a class book!


Each pack is full of activities and comes with a PowerPoint with editable covers for your class books!  In addition to creating 7 class books, students will work on a “All About Me” book.  Cool, right!?  Activities have been differentiated for three different grade levels!  There is a reading survey, family tree activity, poetry writing, and more!


REMEMBER bilingual teachers – in the bilingual pack all activities are included in English and Spanish! 
Slide1
Slide1
Slide1
Slide2
Slide3Slide4
I’ve also broken up some of my favorite activities into smaller products – so if you don’t want to buy a whole pack you can get the individual activity for less $.


So click any of the images on this page to head over to my store and see all my back to school products.  All of these items are discounted and 20% off until Tuesday, August 7 at midnight!  Don't miss out!


Cheers!
Mrs. Castro Pin It

9 comments:

  1. These look great, Laura! They are on my wish list. I'm hoping to get a few things off my wish list before school starts. But I've spent so much already, chris is about to kill me. :)
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great resource for a bilingual class! Thanks for sharing and having a SALE! Woot woot!!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super exciting stuff!! I like what you said about not just something to keep kids busy...sadly I have already seen copies left at the copy that looks like something I might have done on my first day of school 35 years ago:/ great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was riding in the backseat with my kids, while my husband was honking the horn and fussing. I didn't reread my comment, but you get the gist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In these days people are too busy and always look for such expert writer who can complete assignment, reports or write essays within the deadlines. Our professional writers meeting the deadlines along with quality content. You can visit our website http://professayservice.com/custom-essay-writing-service anytime and anywhere in the world as we are available 24 hours for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This website is so cool and full of constructive information. Keep sharing and I will always support to such a great blog posts.Thesis writing service in UAE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magazines and online articles is always informative to read where we can got something new. Thanks. Kizi 9 | Yepi Games

    ReplyDelete
  8. Signature:
    i like play games friv online and play games2girls Download baixar facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. The article you have shared here very awesome. I really like and appreciated your work. I read deeply your article, the points you have mentioned in this article are useful. I must try to follow these points and also share others.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete