Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sneak-a-Peek Linky Party


I've been a terrible blogger lately.  Between summer school, changing jobs and going on vacation I haven’t been responding to emails or comments lately.  I will do better…starting NOW!
While on vacation I made sure to head over to a café for some internet action – since our little cabin was internet free.  Oh boy, I didn’t realize just how addicted I was to constant internet connection.  It was like detoxing, it wasn't pretty!

BUT, I was able to buy some things…I wish I had been more prepared and put intermediate things in my wish list!  Live and learn!

1.  Natalie from What the Teacher Wants had this amazing set!  I need all the help I can get since I’m coming from primary.  I’m so glad to have something to help me stay aware of the common core!
imageimage

2. Kristen from The Ladybug’s Teacher Files cursive alphabet!  The one that was in my classroom was ancient and awful in every way!  This will be great…I just have to figure out where to print it.  Any suggestions for what you do for color printing?
imageimage

3.  I teach math in Spanish.  But I wanted something to help me keep track of data, and expectations in the 5th grade.  So I purchased Jennifer Findley from Teaching to Inspire in 5th’s Math Common Core Assessments and Data Collection.  I’m sure I’ll be doing some translating, but that’s the life of a dual language teacher!  After a brief perusal I’m really impressed!
image

4.  Tracee Orman’s Creative Activities & Project Ideas for Any Book.  I thought this looked interesting, and it’s from Tracee Orman who is the queen of upper grades on TpT.  Again a lot of translating will be needed, but I think it’s a great guide!
image

5.  I’m not sure if I’ll be able to use this or not.  But since I love words and love to see how they are all related I thought this was pretty AMAZING!  Plus, there are so many of the cognates between English and Spanish stem from these root words so I think I’ll find away to use this.  This came from Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6.
imageimage

7.  Also from Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6 is this calendar math for the upper grades.  Remember how I teach math in Spanish…well I know I’ll need to translate and tweak this for my classroom, but she had such a cool system that I had to get this!  You can see more about her upper grades calendar math at her blog post by clicking HERE.
image

8.  So this was an impulse buy.  I did not do the guided math book study and I don’t know if I’ll be ready for guided math this year because I’m:
*Changing grades
*Changing curriculums (Houghton Mifflin to Everyday Math)
*Channing instructional languages
But I know guided math is the way to go!  So I got this kit by Clutterfree Classroom, to help set it up…again, I’ll have to translate it and tweak it but how could I not get it!?
image

So those are my purchases for this big sale.  I’m excited to start using them…but next time I’ll be more prepared!

Cheers!
Mrs. Castro

P.S. New blog look coming soon! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you got some great stuff! Thanks for visiting my blog tonight-could you add an email subscription button so I could follow you that way???? :)

    Maybe we can share some wonderful book titles this year! I have found that I LOVE YA!

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can convey your message through writing stories or essays only if you have strong writing skills and know how to write impressive and free from grammar error piece of paper. Majority of people put all the responsibility on hiring a writer which sometimes cost a lot. Here is the best solution to get term papers services published here by native writers who helped me to achieve my targets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site.
    Assignment Samples

    ReplyDelete